Monday, February 8, 2010

One Day at a Time

Being engaged is supposed to be a memorable and exciting part of the relationship. Adrian and I are working on remembering that! Life gets so crazy sometimes that it can be easy to lose sight of the important things, like making time for a date night, or even a meal actually SITTING DOWN together. :)

We enjoyed our Super Bowl Sunday because it was just nice to go to church together and get a refreshed perspective for the week. I love that the Gospel puts everything back in place for me! It is so refreshing.

We made a deal with each other that we would only contribute optimism to our relationship. It sounds silly and simple, but it has worked great! When I was stuck in bumper to bumper traffic on my way to campus this morning, I just texted him a smiley face.

We are DECIDING to make this a good week, despite my three exams, my continued job hunt, Adrian's busy work schedule, and getting the rest of my things moved to Old Mill.

I need to relish in the now and remember that it really doesn't ever get much easier than this! And it is all worth it having someone so wonderful to share it all with. He is my best friend in the whole world.

Wedding planning updates:

We may have found a venue. A friend of ours who used to train with Adrian has a beautiful backyard garden that has been offered to us for the daytime reception. I think I will go with it! It is exactly what I was wanting. She also makes cakes! Way to kill two birds with one stone.

I think I may have fallen in love with a dress. It is not quite purchased, but I am definitely considering it! It is light cream, and just gorgeous.

Still messing around with colors, but I come back to lavender every time. I just love it.

We have a date for our engagement photos, but we may push it back because if we are not getting married until June, we are certainly not in any rush. And for that I am grateful!

Training updates:

I meet with Melanie today at 4 pm to go over my diet for the past week. We will see what changes. Sweet potatoes and chicken are getting old fast, but I definitely don't see an end in sight! I am still 12 weeks and 5 days out from competition. The running has been feeling great and in all honestly, this part of my life has contributed to increased energy levels to perform my other tasks like homework and getting up on time. :)

I hope everyone has a joyous week! We DECIDE this! I love how empowering that is.

xoxoxoxo

Tash

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys have been really busy. If you are still looking for a job, you should check out the Global Service Desk, it is an "on-campus" job at BYU and they are (or at least were when I was there) almost always looking for someone. Great job too.

    Good Luck

    -Barlow Tucker
    BarlowTucker.com/myblog

    ReplyDelete